All members of the Justice of the Peace Association have agreed to abide by the following Code of Ethics.
“As a member of the Justice of the Peace Association LLC, www.JPUS.org, having accepted the responsibility of the office of Justice of the Peace, in order to faithfully discharge my duties with both competence and integrity, I resolve that I will adhere to the following standards of conduct:
- To execute the statutes of the State in which I am empowered, as promised when I took the oath of office
- To perform all tasks and responsibilities to the best of my ability
- To complete and submit all documentation accurately, on time and to the proper authorities
- To be honest with my clients and to act in their best interests
- To charge a fee for my services that reflects my expertise, effort, time and involvement in the preparation and performance of my duties and that is in compliance with state statute, if applicable
- To always act in a manner that reflects favorably on myself, my office, and the Justice of the Peace Association.”
This web site is provided as a service to the public and to members of the Justice of the Peace Association LLC (www.JPUS.org). The information it contains is provided by the towns and the individuals listed herein. The Justice of the Peace Association makes no claims, promises or guarantees that this information is correct, complete or current and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the web site contents. The user is advised to verify information used or relied on.
Testimonials to individual Justices of the Peace and Photographs of weddings or events that have already taken place may be published in the Testimonials or Photos sections of the JP’s profile on findaJP, with identifying information unless the user informs the JP in writing of his preference not to publish. Photos and testimonials may also be displayed on other pages of the website unless otherwise requested by the user.