Justices of the Peace in Vermont

Choose a Vermont Justice of the Peace for Your Wedding or Ceremony !

  • Our JPs will assist you in creating the wedding of your dreams.
  • Our JPs are professional, reliable and honorable. They subscribe to a Code of  Ethics which puts the couple first.
  • A Vermont Justice of the Peace can perform a marriage ANYWHERE in the state. To find your JP, start with a city, town or region.
  • Most JPs are willing to travel to your wedding venue.

Marriage License

  • Couples planning to marry in Vermont may complete an online Application for a civil marriage license  and bring it to the town clerk in their town of residence. The fee is $60.
  • If neither applicant is a resident of Vermont, the application may be presented to any town clerk within Vermont.
  • The Vermont Secretary of the State may authorize individuals to officiate at a specific marriage in Vermont. To become a temporary officiant, an applicant must fill out a registration form and pay a filing fee of $100 to the Secretary of the State's Office in Montpelier.